• any of several solid mineral elements (such as gold, silver, copper, etc.) that are malleable under heat or pressure and can conduct heat and electricity; element yielding positively charged ions in watery solutions of its salts
• cover with metal; (british usage) pave a road with broken stone
• metal is a hard substance such as iron, steel, copper, or lead.
• device that detects the presence of metal
• crystallization and breakage of a metal resulting from constant stress
• if something suffers from metal fatigue, the metal has been weakened by repeated movement and it might break.
• industry involved in all areas of metalwork (mining, casting, working, forging, etc.)
metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistor
• field-effect transistor in which the gate is separated from the conducting channel by an insulation, mosfet (electronics)
• tray made from metal, flat platter made from metal
• melting and reusing of metals
• thin folium made from tin
• objects made out of metal
• one who sculpts and molds metal objects
• any metal which is not a precious metal (tin, lead, copper, etc.); metallic element in an alloy; metal which is cut
• a base metal is a metal, such as copper, zinc, tin, or lead, that is not a precious metal.
britannia metal• hard white alloy comprised ...