• type of hardwood tree which grows in northern regions and is cultivated for its wood and sap; hard and light-colored wood from the maple tree; sweet flavor made from the sap of the sugar maple
• a maple is a tree. its leaves have five points and appear as a symbol on the canadian flag. the wood obtained from this tree, which is used to make furniture and flooring, is also called maple.
• leaf of the maple tree; national emblem of canada
• type of sweet sugary liquid obtained from maple trees
• syrup produced by boiling the sap of maple trees