• two dimensional depiction of a geographic or celestial area; diagram of a route
• create a geographic diagram; plan; outline
• a map is a drawing of an area as it would appear if you saw it from above. a map shows the main features of an area and sometimes has special information on it.
• if you map out a plan or task, you work out how you will do it.
• cartographer, one who makes maps
• examining an area by looking at a map as preparation or as a replacement for an actual patrol
• prominent feature on a map used as a point of reference in navigation
• map made up of photographs taken from the air
• map of the stars
• representation of a picture as a group of bits
• map indicating boundaries and ownership of land
• astronomical map
• list of colors that exist in a graphics program and are arranged according to a numerical system
• map having contour lines, map with lines that indicate the relative slopes of the land surfaces
• sketch which describes the physical characteristics of the earth (ground features, climate, plants, and wild-life)
put him on the map
• made him popular, made him famous, brought him into the public's eye
put on the map• make a location w ...