• study session; exercise, assignment given to a student; something to be studied and learned; experience which brings knowledge or wisdom; scolding, rebuke; portion from a sacred text which is read during a religious service
• instruct, teach a lesson; rebuke, scold, reprove
• a lesson is a short period of time during which people are taught something.
• if an experience teaches you a lesson, it makes you realize the truth or realize what should be done.
• if you teach someone a lesson, you punish them for something they have done, so that they do not do it again.
• opening lesson in which the subject matter is presented in general terms using demonstrations
• plan arranged by a teacher which notes times and subjects to be taught
give a lesson
• teach, instruct (in an informal or organized setting)
learn a lesson
• study or learn by experience a moral lesson
learn one's lesson
• gain valuable experience
learnt a lesson
• learned a rule, learned valuable information
• practical example; instructive example
• an object lesson in something is an action, event, or situation that demonstrates the best way to do something, or that demonstrates the truth or wisdom of a particular principle.
• lesson given by a tutor, individual lesson given for a select number of students
taught a lesson
• helped him to understand, taught him morals
taught him a lesson• taught him a moral lesso ...