• piece of transparent material having two opposite surfaces which refract rays of light to form an image; part of the eye which focuses light rays to form an image on the retina
• a lens is a thin, curved piece of glass or plastic which is part of something such as a camera, telescope, or pair of glasses. you look through a lens in order to see things larger, smaller, or more clearly.
• lens composed usually of two separate lenses used to produce images free of chromatic aberrations
bi concave lens
• double concave lens, lens curved inward like a bowl on both sides
• lens which is rounded inward
• small plastic or glass lens placed directly on the cornea of the eye on top of the iris to correct a vision problem or for cosmetic purposes
• contact lenses are small lenses that you put on your eyes to help you to see better, instead of wearing glasses.
• lens which merges light rays together, lens which concentrates light
• rounded lens, lens which merges light rays together
• lens which refracts light
• lens which divides light into rays of different colors
• lens that changes the course of rays of light
• lens of an ocular which is nearest to the eye
• first lens that receives the image of an object (in a microscope, etc.) telephoto lens ...