• complete consistent metric system of units for scientists (with basic quantities of length, time, electric current, temperature, luminous intensity, amount of substance and mass)
is afraid that
• fears that, is frightened that
is anything up?
• is anything happening? what's happening?
is but a
• is merely, is nothing but a
is considered among
• is regarded as one of, belongs to
is expected to change
• will probably change
• really? , indeed?
is in the habit of saying
• is used to saying, always says
is it not?
is it so?
• really?, is that truly the way it is?, indeed?
is it to your liking?
• is it satisfactory?, do you approve?
is it true that?
• is it a fact that -?, is it correct that -?
• is it true that?, really?, truly?
• is mainly, is chiefly, is principally, is generally, is usually
• ain't, does not exist, does not occupy a position, does not exist in such a condition
is not worth a red cent
• it is worthless, it has no value whatsoever
is one of
• he belongs to the group of, is counted amongst, is numbered amongst, is part of
is part of• constitutes a part of, comprises ...