• frozen water; covering of frozen water; icing, glazing; substance which resembles frozen water; (slang) diamonds
• freeze; solidify by freezing; cover with icing, frost (a cake, etc.); chill; cover or coat with ice
• made of ice; made to hold ice; done on ice
• ice is frozen water.
• ice is also pieces of ice used to keep food or drink cool.
• to ice cakes means to cover them with icing.
• an ice is an ice cream.
• if you break the ice, you make people feel relaxed, for example at the beginning of a party or a meeting.
• see also iced, icing.
• if something ices over, it becomes covered with ice.
• when something ices up, it becomes so cold that ice forms around it or inside it so that it cannot function properly.
• accumulation of ice
• glacial period which occurred during the pleistocene epoch
• the ice age was a period of time lasting many thousands of years, during which a lot of the earth's surface was covered with ice.
• bag filled with ice, bag filled with a frozen liquid (applied to parts of the body to reduce swelling, fever, etc.)
• ice-blue is a very pale blue colour.
• boat equipped with runners which glide over frozen surfaces
• compartment for freezing, freezer, ice-closet
• an ice-bucket is a container which holds ice cubes or cold water and ice. you can use it to provide ice cubes to put in drinks, or to put bottles of wine in and keep the wine cool.
ice cap• an ice-cap is a layer of thick ice and snow that permanently covers a ...