• large territory in southern asia; country located in southern asia
• the republic of india is a country in southern asia. it has the second largest population in the world. india became independent from britain in 1947. jawaharlal nehru was the first prime minister of india and led the congress party until his death in 1964. his daughter indira gandhi dominated indian politics from 1966 until her assassination in 1984. her son, rajiv gandhi, was prime minister from 1984 to 1989, and was assassinated during the election of 1991, won by the congress (i) party. dr shankar dayal sharma, of congress (i), became president in 1992. p v narasimha rao became prime minister in 1991. india is a member of the commonwealth. cotton, tea, rice, and spices are the main agricultural exports.
• indian ink, black ink used for painting and calligraphy
• thin but tough paper used in printing the bible and large reference works
• india rubber is rubber used for erasing pencil marks and making balls, toys, and so on.
bassas da india
• islands in southern africa in the southern mozambique channel (possession of france)
• part of india that was under direct british administration and rule from 1765 to 1947 (until india'ss independence in 1947)
• indonesia; southeast asia
passage to india
• novel written in 1924 by e. m. forster (also made into a movie)