• part of the body from the pelvis to the upper thigh, haunch; hip joint; projecting angle formed by the meeting of two slopes of a roof (architecture); rose hip
• injure the hip, dislocate or sprain the hip; throw one's opponent over one's hip (wrestling); form with hips (architecture); cause depression, affect with low spirits; make aware, inform (slang)
• informed, familiar with the latest trends and fashions, cool (slang); reaching the hip
• bravo!, hurrah! (used to express enthusiasm or encouragement)
• your hips are the two areas at the sides of your body between the tops of your legs and your waist.
• if you say that something or someone is hip, you mean that they are very modern and follow all the latest fashions; an informal use.
• small tub that is large enough for a bather to sit immersed up to the hips
• a hip-bath is a small bath which is big enough for you to sit in but not to lie down in.
• upper part of the thigh bone, innominate bone
• popular event
• a hip flask is a small metal container in which brandy, whisky, or other spirits can be carried, usually in the pocket of a jacket.
hip hip hurray
• yahoo!, yay! (cry of excitement, cry of victory)
• wide category of music developed by african americans living in urban areas (includes rap, dancehall, and others)
• hip hop refers to a style of music, dance, and art that originated in the united states and is associated with rap music, graffiti art, and break dancing.
fired from the hip• shot quickly and at close range; acted rashly, acted without deliberation ...