• wire device on which clothes are hung; peg or stand for hanging clothes
• a hanger is a curved piece of metal or wood used for hanging clothes on.
• a hanger-on is a person who tries to be friendly with a richer or more important person or group, especially for his or her own advantage.
• suspenseful drama; suspenseful situation; contest the outcome of which is uncertain up to the very end
• if you describe a situation as a cliff-hanger, you mean that it is very exciting or frightening, because you are left for a long time not knowing what will happen next.
• device from which clothes are suspended (for storage and to prevent wrinkling)
• a coat hanger is a curved piece of wood, metal, or plastic for hanging clothes on.
• (american and canadian slang) counterfeiter
• hanger made of wire on which clothes are hung; wire that supports or connects material