• departed, left; dead; lost; destroyed; used up, run out
• gone is the past participle of go.
• someone or something that is gone is no longer present or no longer exists.
• if it is gone a particular time, it is later than that time; an informal use.
gone for a burton
• (slang) missing, broken; (british slang) shot down, dead
gone for now
• i am not here right now, gfn (internet chat slang)
• went away never to return again
• goner, man as good as dead, insignificant person
gone through the roof
• skyrocketed, went up too high, increased at too fast a rate
• gone insane; gone crazy
gone with the wind
• pulitzer prize winning novel about the civil war written by margaret mitchell in 1936; academy award winning movie which starred clark gable and vivien leigh (based on the novel by margaret mitchell)
dead and gone
• outdated, old, no longer widely used
• in bad condition, nearing the end, in an advanced stage