• edible growth of plants; result, product
• produce fruit; produce results
• a fruit is something which grows on a tree or a bush and which contains seeds or a stone covered by a substance that you can eat. apples, oranges, and bananas are all fruit. fruit is often eaten raw, or cooked as a dessert.
• the fruit or fruits of an action are its results, especially good ones.
fruit and vegetables
• produce, edible plant growth
• basket which contains different kinds of fruit
• (zoology) large bat that feeds on fruit (found in asia, europe and africa)
• rich cake made out of preserved fruit; crazy person, lunatic, "cuckoo"
• a fruit cocktail is a mixture of pieces of different kinds of fruit which is usually eaten as the first course of a meal.
• type of small fly which feeds on fruits and vegetables
• a fruit fly is a small flying insect which lays its eggs on leaves.
fruit growers' organization
• union of of those cultivating produce
• small sharp knife for peeling and cutting fruit
• a fruit machine is a machine used for gambling which pays out money when you get a particular pattern of symbols on a screen.
• fruit juice concentrate
fruit of one's labor
• results of his work, product of his efforts
fruit of the earth• whatever grows on the ground ...