• catching fish; fishery, place for catching fish
• fishing is the sport, hobby, or business of catching fish.
• boat from which fish are caught (used by professional or sport fishermen)
• branch that deals with raising fish and drawing them out from the pools that they are raised in
• line of elastic cord made of nylon with a hook on the end of it to which bait is attached for fishing
• net which is put into the sea in order to trap fish
• a fishing net is a large net that fishermen use to catch fish from a boat.
• specialized stick used for catching fish
• a fishing rod is a pole with a line and hook attached to it which is used for fishing.
• season during which it is allowed by law to catch fish
• fishing boat
• fishing tackle consists of all the equipment that is used in the sport of fishing, such as fishing rods, lines, hooks, and bait.
• coarse fishing is the sport of catching fish, other than trout and salmon, that live in lakes or rivers. see also fly-fishing.
deep sea fishing
• catching fish in the open ocean
• type of angling using artificial flies, fishing using flies as bait
• fly-fishing is a kind of fishing in which a silk or nylon model of a small winged insect is used as bait.
went fishing ...