• pronounced or excessive degree, highest degree; complete opposite
• radical, excessive; most, greatest; farthest
• extreme means very great in degree or intensity.
• extreme situations and behaviour are much more severe or unusual than you would expect.
• extreme opinions, beliefs, or political movements are unacceptably severe or unreasonable.
• the extreme point or edge of something is its farthest point or edge.
• if someone is going to extremes, or is taking something to extremes, their behaviour is so severe or foolish that it is unacceptable.
• you use in the extreme to emphasize how bad or undesirable something is.
• very low temperatures, temperatures which are below freezing
• great risk, great peril
• great enjoyment
• great want or need, indigence, destitution
• radical beliefs, uncompromising opinions
• coming to be excessive, becoming radical, coming to be severe
in the extreme
• to a very great degree