• suitable, worthy of, qualified
• someone who is eligible for something is qualified or suitable for it.
• an eligible man or woman is not yet married but is considered to be a suitable partner.
• sought after single man, marriageable bachelor
eligible for compensation
• person who is entitled to receive compensation
eligible for military service
• qualified for military induction, fit for service in the military, of suitable age and condition to serve in the military
• person who is qualified to vote