• canine, carnivorous animal from the family canidae (especially the domesticated variety commonly kept as pets, trained to hunt, pull sleds, etc.); despicable or cowardly person (informal)
• follow around, hound; fasten with a vise or similar tool (machinery); harass, pester (slang); defeat an opponent, win (slang)
• of or pertaining to a dog; despicable, cowardly (informal)
• a dog is an animal that is often kept as a pet. dogs are also used to guard or hunt things.
• when you are mentioning the sex of a dog or fox, you refer to the male animal as a dog.
• if problems or injuries dog you, they keep affecting you.
• see also dogged.
dog and pony show
• sales presentation (derogatory)
• male ape
• hard cookie for dogs; hard biscuits given in the army
• (slang) bad breath
• person who raises pedigreed dogs
• raising of pedigreed dogs
• very inexpensive, extremely cheap
• collar for a dog; woman's necklace that fits snugly around the neck, choker; stiff white clerical collar worn by priests (informal)
• a dog-collar is a white collar worn by christian priests and ministers; an informal word.
• hot muggy days of summer; period of stillness, time of inactivity
dog days of summer
• hottest and longest days of the summer
dog eared• a dog-eared book or piece of paper has been used so much that the corner ...