• evil spirit, demon
• harass, tease
• in christianity, the devil is the most powerful evil spirit.
• a devil is any evil spirit.
• you can also use devil when showing your opinion of someone. for example, you can call someone a silly devil or a lucky devil; an informal use.
devil among the tailors
• quarrel, squabble
• member of the american marine corps, a united states marine
devil may care
• carefree, cheerful, happy go lucky, easygoing; careless; reckless; rakish
devil take the hindmost
• each person follows his self-interest and leaves others go as they may; last one loses
• worship of satan and evil, worship of the devil, satanism
• stunt man; recklessly daring person
• (said of acts or actions) daring and dangerous; impulsive, reckless; adventurous
drunk as the devil
• very drunk, inebriated, "plastered", "drunk like a fish"
• small whirlwind of dust
like the devil
• in an evil manner, in a fiendish manner
• bad child, naughty child, mischievous prankster
• young apprentice in a printing company
raise the devil
• make a fuss, make problems
shame the devil
• embarrass satan, put satan to shame
sold his soul to the devil• prepared to pay any price so as to get what ...