• chilling, refrigeration
cooling off period
• period of time that must pass between retirement from a public position to getting involved with certain private ventures; period of time where striking is not allowed after a quarrel has been declared; period of time that a person needs in order to calm down
• a cooling-off period is a set period of time during which two groups with opposing views try to resolve a dispute before taking any serious action.
• system for reducing the effects of heat
• large tower through which hot water is moved around to reduce its temperature by partial evaporation (used in industries to cool hot water before reutilizing it as a cooling agent)
• a cooling tower is a very large container in which water is stored for use in the cooling processes of large factories or power stations, or as part of an air-conditioning system.
• method of cooling whereby low temperature fluids are circulated around the object to be cooled
• lowering the temperature of air
• chilling with fluids, lowering temperature by the use of fluids