• conference; treaty; agreement; routine, custom
• a convention is an accepted way of thinking, behaving, or doing something.
• a convention is also an official agreement or code of conduct between countries or organizations.
• a convention is also a large meeting of an organization or political group.
• large building where assemblies and conferences and events are held
• large hall where assemblies and large conferences are held
• yearly gathering, yearly assembly, yearly meeting
breach of convention
• violation of an agreement
• accepted procedure in a parliament; unofficial norm in a legislature
democratic national convention
• convention of the democratic party which is held every fours years for the purpose of nominating the party's candidates for president and vice president
• assembly of the countries who have signed the gatt agreement (general agreements on tariffs and trade)
• agreements that were signed in geneva which set rules on how to deal with victims of war
• agreement signed in the hague which determines regulations for the use of force and for conflict resolution by peaceful methods
• international pact; assembly of delegates from different nations
• large gathering of people n ...