• official chosen by a government to represent its interests in a foreign country
• a consul is a government official who lives in a foreign city and looks after all the people there who are from his or her own country.
• chief consul, consul of the highest rank
• title of the roman head of state of ancient rome; one of the titles of napoleon bonaparte i
• distinguished consul, official appointed by a government to reside and perform administrative duties in a foreign country
the israeli consul
• state of israel's official representative in a foreign country
• deputy consul, assistant to the consul