• lowest number that is a multiple of all the denominators of a given group of fractions (mathematics)
• a common denominator is a characteristic that is shared by all the members of a group of people or things.
• a common denominator is also a number that can be divided exactly by all the denominators in a group of fractions; a technical use in mathematics.
lowest common denominator
• lowest number which is a multiple of all numbers of a set
• the lowest common denominator in a situation is the most basic or simple thing about it that interests or is understood by most people in a particular group; used showing disapproval.
• in mathematics, the lowest common denominator is the smallest number that all the numbers on the bottom of a particular group of fractions can be divided into; a technical use.
reduce fractions to a common denominator
• find the denominator that is shared by a given group of fractions