• low temperature, chill, frigidity; respiratory illness (characterized by coughing, sneezing, sore throat, etc.)
• chilly, cool, not warm; not affectionate, unfriendly; depressing; unconscious (slang)
• (computers) storage of data on optical discs (i.e. cd-roms)
• something that is cold has a low temperature.
• the cold is cold weather or a low temperature.
• if you are cold, you feel that your body is at an unpleasantly low temperature.
• a cold person does not show much emotion or affection.
• a cold is a mild, very common illness which makes you sneeze a lot and gives you a sore throat or a cough.
• if you tell someone to be careful that they do not catch cold, you are telling them to take precautions so that they will not become ill as a result of being cold.
• if something leaves you cold, it fails to interest you.
• if you have or get cold feet about something that you were intending to do, you are now frightened of doing it.
• weapons which do not use shooting or heat (such as knives, etc.)
• treatment with disdain, disinterested and distant attitude
• chilled drink of beer, cold alcoholic drink, "a cold one", "suds"
• someone who is cold-blooded shows no pity or emotion.
cold blooded murder
• brutal homicide, cruel murder, malicious killing
• startup from a computer which was previously turned off
• cold dishes of food spread out for self-service
• coffee which has cooled off, coffee which is no longer hot ...