• mixed drink (alcoholic); appetizer (served before a meal)
• a cocktail is an alcoholic drink containing several ingredients.
• something which is made by combining a number of different things can be called a cocktail.
• see also molotov cocktail.
• female attire suitable for a semi-formal event or gathering
• evening party where drinks and light refreshments are served
• dangerous mixture (usually an alcoholic drink or a combination of drugs)
• a fruit cocktail is a mixture of pieces of different kinds of fruit which is usually eaten as the first course of a meal.
• crude explosive device consisting of a bottle filled with gasoline
• a molotov cocktail is a bomb made by putting petrol in a bottle and sealing it with a cloth in the top.
• a prawn cocktail is a dish that consists of prawns, salad, and a sauce. it is usually eaten at the beginning of a meal.