• shut; exclusive, restricted; independent; not open to the public; not open to new ideas; concluded
• if something such as a door or a lid is closed, it is covering or filling a hole or gap.
• if a shop or a public building is closed, people cannot get in it and use it.
• a closed group of people is restricted to only a few people.
• if people do something behind closed doors, they do it privately or in secret.
closed a deal
• made a business deal, made a transaction
• bank account from which withdrawals cannot be made
closed an option
• eliminate a possibility
• mystery, unknown, enigma (sometimes said of a mysterious person)
• system which allows one to see what is happening in a certain location; active electrical circuit
• a closed circuit is an electrical circuit that is complete, so that electricity can flow round it; a technical term.
closed circuit television
• closed-circuit television is a television system that is used inside a building, for example to film customers in a shop so that thieves can be identified.
• contract with unalterable conditions
• corporation whose stock is owned by a small number of people
• door which is shut, door which is not open
• economic system which does not carry out trade with other systems
closed file• unalterable computer file usually ac ...