• people's republic of china, country in east asia
• porcelain, ceramics; tableware made of porcelain
• china or china clay is a very thin clay from which cups, plates, and ornaments are made.
• things such as cups, plates, and ornaments made of china clay are referred to as china.
• the people's republic of china is a country in asia. it is the most populous country in the world and the third largest in area. it was established in 1949, with mao zedong as its leader, and the chinese communist party (ccp) as the ruling party. during the cultural revolution, which lasted from 1966 to 1976, young people banded together in groups of red guards, to eliminate what mao zedong called reactionary thought and culture. in 1989 student pro-democracy demonstrations took place in tiananmen square in peking and were suppressed by the military. deng xiaoping, who remains the dominant political figure since the death of mao zedong in 1976, resigned from his last official post, as chairman of the ccp central military commission, in 1989. he was succeeded by jiang zemin, who also became general secretary of the ccp and, in 1993, became president of china. in 1988 li peng became prime minister. china produces one third of the world's rice. it is also the world's largest producer of coal, cotton, textiles, and cement.
• cabinet with glass doors used for displaying or storing chinaware
• doll made from porcelain, very fragile doll made from fine pottery
• china tea is tea made from large dark green or reddish-brown tea leaves. it is usually drunk without milk or sugar.
• tableware made of porcelain
bone china• bone china is very fine porcelain c ...