• rug, fabric floor covering
• cover or furnish with carpeting; reprimand
• a carpet is a thick covering for a floor, made of wool or a similar material.
• a carpet of something is a layer of it covering the ground.
• if you sweep something under the carpet, you try to stop people hearing about it or finding out about it.
• see also carpeted, carpeting.
• something used to hit carpets to remove dust and dirt
• area bombing, extensive bombing over a specific area in order to completely destroy it, process of dropping many bombs over a specific area (in order to completely destroy it)
• carpet slippers are comfortable plain slippers.
• hand-operated rug cleaner (non-electric)
• a carpet sweeper is a device with a long handle and rotating brushes which is used for cleaning carpets.
beat a carpet
• repeatedly strike a carpet in order to clean it
• ingrain carpet which was originally manufactured in kidderminster
• rug that has the magical ability to fly
• in stories, a magic carpet is a special carpet that can carry people through the air.
on the carpet
• on the day's agenda
operation magic carpet
• operation that brought jews from yemen to israel in the end of the 1940s
• carpet with a persian or middle eastern design, hand-knotted carpet
red carpet• long carpet whose color ...