• adult female bovine (especially one which is raised to supply milk or meat); adult female of various large mammals (i.e. elephant, whale, etc.)
• frighten, intimidate
• a cow is a large female animal kept on farms for its milk.
• a cow is also any animal of this species, either male or female.
• if someone is cowed, they are frightened into behaving in a particular way; a formal use.
• fish that has horn-like spines above the eyes
• group of cows, group of cattle; person who tends cattle usually on foot
• hide of a cow; leather made from cowhide; leather whip
• cowshed, barn for cows
• cow disease which contains a virus used in the vaccination of humans against small pox
• profitable enterprise, business that earns a lot of money
• cow that does not give milk
have a cow
• become angered, get angry, become mad
• holstein-friesian cow, breed of large black and white dairy cattle originating in holland
• ladybird, any of a number of small and brightly colored beetles, ladybug
• cow that gives milk; business that is extremely profitable, endless source of money
sacred cow• taboo, something that cannot be violated
• you can describe a belief, custom, or institution as a sacred cow wh ...