• solid fat substance derived from milk
• spread with butter, spread butter on
• butter is a yellowish substance made from cream which you spread on bread or use in cooking.
• when you butter bread or toast, you spread butter on it.
• if you say that butter wouldn't melt in someone's mouth, you mean that they look very innocent but you know that they have done something wrong or are intending to.
• see also bread and butter.
• if you butter someone up, you praise them or try to please them, because you want to ask them a favour; an informal expression.
• lima bean, edible seed of this plant
butter flavored margarine
• margarine which is made to taste like butter
• suck up, adulate someone in order to gain favor or advantage by behaving obsequiously
butter wouldn't melt in his mouth
• he acts as if he never does anything wrong
• brandy butter is a thick paste made from butter, sugar and brandy. it is usually eaten at christmas with christmas pudding or mince pies.
bread and butter
• maintenance, livelihood, source of income
• habitual, routine, usual; practical, material
• the bread and butter of a person or organization is the activity or work that provides their main source of income.
• the bread-and-butter issues, questions, or problems are the ones that are the most basic and important.
• fat extracted from cacao seeds (used in making soap, cosmetics, etc.)
• fatty substance produced from cocoa seeds
karite butter ...