• buttocks, rear end, seat
• late, tardy
• behind, in back of -
• if you are behind a thing or person, you are facing the back of that thing or person.
• if you stay behind, you remain in a place after other people have gone.
• if you leave something behind, you do not take it with you when you go.
• when someone or something is behind, they are delayed or are making less progress than other people think they should.
• if an experience is behind you, it is finished.
• the people, reasons, or events behind a situation are the causes of it or are responsible for it.
• if you are behind someone, you support them.
• your behind is the part of your body that you sit on.
• in jail, under lock and key, in prison
behind bolt and bar
• locked up, confined, imprisoned
behind one's back
• do or say something (usually harmful) without another's knowledge
behind the curtain
• where one cannot see, behind the partition, out of sight
behind the scenes
• in the background, out of sight, behind the visible aspect
behind the times
• out-of-date, outmoded, backward
• late, laggardly
driving force behind
• force with makes something happen, motivation behind, impetus, source of power behind
• fall behind, be unable to keep pace with
• be backward, be slow, go down, deteriorate (in one's studies, etc.)
fell behind• was behind everyone else, la ...