• (slang) complaint, point of contention; argument with another person, dispute
• meat taken from cows or bulls; vigor, strength; fattened bull
• complain (slang)
• beef is the meat of a cow, bull, or ox.
• if you beef something up, you strengthen it or make it more interesting, significant, or important.
• cattle bred and raised for meat
• beef cattle are cattle which are bred to provide meat.
• soup made by boiling beef and other ingredients
• dish made of sauteed beef mixed with onions and mushrooms and cooked in a cream-based sauce
• (british) bovril, hot drink made of extract of beef given to sick people
• increase in size or number; fatten up
beef up forces
• increase forces
beef up security
• increase security measures
beef up the force
• strengthen the force
• canned or pickled beef
• preserved beef, salted cattle meat, cured beef
• corned beef is beef which has been cooked and preserved in salt water.
• grilled cow meat