• leguminous plant; small edible seed of the bean plant; beanlike seeds (i.e. coffee beans); small application program intended to perform a defined task (in the java internet programming language)
• hit on the head
• beans are the pods of a climbing plant, or the seeds that the pods contain, which are eaten as a vegetable.
• beans are also the seeds of various plants which are used for different purposes, for example to make drinks such as coffee or cocoa, or to produce oil.
• if someone is full of beans, they are very lively and full of energy and enthusiasm; an informal expression.
• a bean feast is a party or lively social event where there is lots of food to eat; an informal expression.
• bean pouch produced by the legume family
• pole that bean plants climb on; (nickname for) very tall and skinny person
• fava bean, type of edible seed of a bean plant
• broad beans are flat light green beans that can be cooked and eaten.
• lima bean, edible seed of this plant
• seed of the castor oil plant
• small seed which is ground to make coffee
• coffee beans are the seeds of a coffee tree. the roasted seeds are ground up and hot water is poured over them in order to make the drink coffee.
• chick pea, type of legume, type of bean
• french beans are long, rounded green beans which you cook and eat as a vegetable.
kidney bean• bean plant th ...