• flat-bottomed freight boat
• transport freight in a barge
• if you barge into a place or person, you rush into it or push past them in a rude or rough way.
• a barge is a boat with a flat bottom, used for carrying heavy loads.
• if you barge in, you rudely interrupt what someone else is doing or saying; an informal expression.
• intrude, burst in, interrupt rudely
• (informal) enter uninvited (e.g., "he wasn't invited so he barged into the party"); rudely break into a conversation, interrupt, cut in (e.g., "my sister-in-law always barges into the conversation when i speak with my mother-in-law")
• long rod used to manually propel or guide a barge
• if you say that you wouldn't touch someone or something with a barge pole, you mean that you do not want to have anything to do with them because they are untrustworthy or unreliable; an informal expression.