• one who is devoted to a certain habit; habitual drug user
• cause to become dependent on, cause to become addicted to (a habit-forming substance); compulsively devote oneself to someone or something
• an addict is someone who cannot stop taking harmful drugs.
• an addict is also someone who is very keen about something.
• cause to become dependent on, cause to become addicted
became a drug addict
• came to be dependent on drugs, became hooked on drugs, became addicted to drugs
• one who feels a compulsive need to use cocaine
• one who is addicted to drugs, one who is dependent or hooked on drugs, "junkie"
he is a tv addict
• he is addicted to watching television
• person addicted to heroin (addictive narcotic)
• person who is addicted to watching television