• salt or ester of acetic acid (chemistry); fabric made of acetate fibers; sheet of clear plastic film; phonographic disk made of or coated with acetate; fire-resistant material used as the base for film
• acetate is a smooth man-made cloth that is used for making clothes.
• silk made of acetate fibers
• banana oil, acetate derived from amyl alcohol (used in artificial fruit essences and as a paint solvent)
• (chemistry) combustible liquid ester that is colorless and aromatic used as lacquer solvent and solvent for varnishes
• chemical used in photographic film and the yarn and textile inustry