• end a pregnancy; cancel, call off; fail; (computers) stop a procedure in progress or a program in operation (especially suddenly or abnormally)
• if a pregnant woman aborts, her pregnancy ends before the foetus has formed properly, and the foetus dies.
• if a foetus is aborted, a woman's pregnancy is deliberately ended before the foetus has formed properly, and it dies.
• if you abort a process, plan, or activity, you stop it before it is finished.
abort a program
• quit a program, make a program stop
• stop an attack