• science of sound; property of transmitting sound
• vocal, sonic; auditory; of sound
• acoustic means relating to sound or hearing.
• the acoustics of a room are the structural features which determine how well you can hear music or speeches in it.
• device used to help one hear, hearing aid
• ceiling designed for effective transmission of sound
• (anatomy) external passage of the ear
• modern steel-string guitar similar to a classical guitar; sound is not amplified by electrical means
• mine that reacts to the sound of nearby ships and submarines
• auditory nerves, nerves which receive and transmit sound to the brain
• military attempts to prevent the enemy from using the underwater acoustic spectrum (range of sound frequencies) while allowing friendly troops to use it