• salary, payment, earnings; just recompense (literary)
• engage in, conduct (war, battle)
• someone's wages are the money they are paid each week for working, especially when they have a manual or unskilled job.
• to wage a campaign or war means to start it and carry it on over a period of time; a formal use.
wage a war
• carry out a war, go into battle, declare a state of war
• deal between an employer to a worker or to their representatives regarding the conditions of the workers salaries
• parts of a salary payment, individual items that are part of a worker's wages
• decrease in the value of the salary
• setting of a fixed salary, setting a permanent salary
• someone's wage-packet is the envelope containing their wages that they are given at the end of every week.
• salary agreement
• level of a salary that is received
• start a battle, declare a war
• mean salary, mean rate of salary
• salary that is enough to provide for the worker's needs
• a living wage is a wage which is large enough to enable you to buy food, clothing, and other necessary things.
• lowest wage or salary that the law will allow
starvation wage• salary which does not even pay one enough ...