• one who acts in a shifty and underhanded manner, base or contemptible person; informer (slang); thief; act of sneaking
• creep, slink, skulk; behave in an underhanded manner; do something or take something in a furtive manner; inform (slang); steal (slang)
• if you sneak somewhere, you go there quietly, trying to avoid being seen or heard.
• if you sneak something somewhere, you take it there secretly.
• if you sneak a look at someone or something, you secretly have a quick look at them.
• see also sneaking.
• if someone sneaks up on you, they try and approach you without being seen or heard, perhaps to surprise you or do you harm.
• inform on, rat out (british slang)
sneak out of
• escape, dodge, get out of (slang)
• sneak preview, advance viewing
• early screening of a film
• a sneak preview of something is an unofficial opportunity to look at it before it is officially published or shown to the public.
• sudden attack, surprise assault
• housebreaker, robber, burglar