• arriving on the ground; setting on the ground; climbing onto the shore; platform between flights of stairs; dock
• in a building, a landing is an area at the top of a staircase, with rooms leading off it.
• when the pilot of an aircraft makes a landing, he or she brings the aircraft down to the ground.
• see also land.
• flat bottomed boat used to transfer troops from ship to shore
• a landing craft is a small boat designed for the landing of soldiers and military equipment on the shore.
• landing runway, level strip of land where airplanes or helicopters land
• apparatus used by a vehicle for landing and traveling on land or water (i.e. the wheels on an airplane)
• landing field, large flat area for landing aircraft
• strong light that illuminates a landing strip
• large flat area for landing aircraft
• rules and regulations followed in order to ensure a safe landing (of an aircraft or other vehicle)
• velocity at the time of landing
• a landing stage is a wooden platform used for landing goods and passengers from a boat.
• airstrip, long runway for planes to land on
• a landing strip is a long flat piece of land from which aircraft can take off and land, especially one used only by private or military aircraft.
landing zone• place where a ...