• positioned horizontally; fallen down; placed; displayed; thrown; located; set; caused; appeased
• laid is the past tense and past participle of lay.
laid a hand on him
• touched him with his hand, put his hand on him
laid an egg
• produced an egg (i.e. from a chicken)
• someone who is laid-back behaves in a calm, relaxed way as if nothing will ever worry them; an informal word.
• set down, rested upon; declare, state; gave, sacrificed
laid down terms
• explained the conditions, described the terms
laid hands on
• put his hands upon, hit, struck
laid hands on him
• touched him with his hands, put his hands on him
laid his cards on the table
• revealed all that was in his heart, bore open his heart
laid off him
• left him alone
laid the corner stone
• set the corner-stone in place
laid the foundations for
• set the foundations in place, prepare the ground for
laid the table
• set the table, prepared the table for a meal
• if you are laid up, you have to stay in bed because you are ill.
laid waiting at his doorstep
• got up early to see him
• have sexual intercourse (slang)
deep laid• planned carefully and extremely confidential ...