• closet, cabinet (with shelves)
• a cupboard is a piece of furniture with doors at the front and usually shelves inside.
• cupboard love is the sudden or extremely friendly or loving behaviour of one person to another, especially of a child towards one of its parents, in order to get something that he or she wants.
• small storage space used for storing garments and other things made of linen
• an airing cupboard is a warm cupboard where you put clothes and other things that have been washed and partly dried, to make sure they are completely dry.
built in cupboard
• cabinet constructed in the foundation of a wall
skeleton in the cupboard
• something that one prefers to hide