• gas pedal of a motor vehicle; (computers) expansion card or other hardware item that accelerates specific computer operations (such as the processing of graphics, floating-point calculations, etc.)
• the accelerator in a vehicle is the pedal which is pressed to make the vehicle go faster.
• key combination which allows fast access to particular operations
• device which increases the speed of electrons to a very high rate by means of electric fields (used for research purposes)
• machine that increases the speed of charged particles to a high rate using electrical energy fields